AnsweredAssumed Answered

Restricting length of bend lines

Question asked by John Pagel on Jul 23, 2013
Latest reply on Jul 24, 2013 by John Pagel

I have seen others with a simlar problem to mine but so far none quite identical, I apologize if this is a repost.

When creating sheet metal parts and adding a sketched bend if the radius extends to the fixed face the bend will run the entire length of the part and not just stay constrained to the length of the sketched line (which represents the length of the die).  I do know that the workaround (both virtually and physically) is to add relief holes at the ends of the bends.  However, the relief holes that I want to add are smaller than what will cover the entire bend radius and while I understand the logic that Solidworks is using by displaying the bend along the entire length of the part the truth is that this does not happen the same way in the real world because I already have flanges bent upwards on the ends that resist the materials tendency to continue the bend beyond the length of the die.

I do not want to change the design based on the limitations of the software.  My question is: Can I manually tell solidworks to limit length of the bend?

Outcomes