2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 12, 2013 3:48 PM by Kyle Ellison

Structural Member disappears on rebuild.

Kyle Ellison

I'm wondering if anyone has seen this before and knows of a solution. When I first open the drawing, the front angle structural member on my hopper shows up fine. However after a few seconds or after first rebuild the lines disappear on it. Putting in a new view results in the same thing happening. The lines are not hidden, nor is the part.Untitled.jpg

Untitled 1.jpg

• Re: Structural Member disappears on rebuild.
          Greg Johnson

Kyle,

Are there interferences in the assembly? These can cause parts to disappear in a drawing that is displayed in HLR (Hidden Lines Removed). As a check switch the view display to HLV (Hidden Lines Visible), if the lines you're missing show up as hidden lines you know that SolidWorks is having problems calculating the visiblity of part due to interferences.

Greg

• Re: Structural Member disappears on rebuild.
              Kyle Ellison

Sorry for the delayed response Greg. Unfortunately that is not the issue. The angle iron sits flush against the plate like the other 3. However it's only that one that disappears. What is really odd is if I create a new drawing, that view comes in fine without issue. I ended up just sketching in the lines I needed and no one is the wiser.