4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 21, 2013 5:08 PM by David Bugeja

Remove Warnings

David Bugeja

Hi, I have imported a step file which had errors in it. I have fixed the errors but the warning symbol still shows on the part even after rebuilding. The warning is related to the original imported body. Is there a way to remove the warning? Any help would be appreciated.

• Re: Remove Warnings
          Alin Vargatu

How did you fix the errors? Did you use the Import Diagnostics tool?

If you did not, but use other ways for fixing the topological errors, save the file as Parasolid and import it again. Do you still have warnings on the imported body?  If you do, run the Import Diagnostics again. Do not leave any such error unresolved.

Mathew Stevenson

If the part files still shows errors, it may be the dumb solid feature or surfaces have errors. Right-mouse-click the dumb solid features or surfaces and select Import Diagnostics in the feature tree and use the repair tools. You may have to repair over and over.

Alin Vargatu

One more piece of information to be added to Mathew's post: the Import Diagnostics tool is available only if no other SolidWorks feature has been added to the model. In other words, don't do anything to your model until you fix all the topological errors with Import Diagnostics.

David Bugeja

Thanks guys. I did try Import Diagnostics but it would not fix the problems so I had to remove & add surfaces to fix the part. Alin's solution worked well, thank you.