5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 15, 2013 3:15 PM by Kelvin Lamport

    Filling voided space

    Dan Wolfe

      Hi all,

      I am working on a research project for my thesis. I am using SolidWorks to create designs that will later be imported into a ray tracing software to look at the optical characteristics. I have used SolidWorks in the past, but I am no expert. I am struggling with trying to fill voided space in my part. The part (see attached picture) is basically an acrylic casing with half cylinders inside. I need to fill the voided space between the top layer and bottom layer with a "filled" part so that I can change the material and optical properties. Basically as part of my research, we want to look at the effects of various fluids that will be injected in between the layers.


      I have messed around a little with the intersect tool, but I can't get it to fill the voided space. Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!




      *Edit: I presume one way would be to trace the outline and do an extruded fill, but I don't want to do this because I will be creating more complex geometries that will be difficult to do that with.