5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 11, 2013 11:31 AM by Jared Conway

FEA for Link in scissor

Tareq Altalmas

Hi,
      How r u ?
      need ur help please

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9a5bb49uqd2gyjm/link%205mm.JPG

i need to test this part of scissor to select the suitable material and thickness using FEA
      can i find any suggestion
      the link will use to build this model
      https://www.dropbox.com/s/bylgnvr6rvxsw9z/scissor_Full.JPG

thanks

• Re: FEA for Link in scissor
          Billy Wight

What work have you done so far?  What are your goals of the analysis?  Give us some details...

Tareq Altalmas

i want to build this scissor lift
              i want to decide the thickness of the links also the obtimized material for this link becaus i want the weight of this not heavy ..
              so iam asking how can i do this using FEA "static analysis"
              the down hole should be rotating and connecting to the base using bear
              the up hole should be moving horizontally as u see in the full model
              thanks

Tareq Altalmas

i want to build this scissor lift
              i want to decide the thickness of  the links also the obtimized material for this link becaus i want the  weight of this not heavy ..
              so iam asking how can i do this using FEA "static analysis"
              the down hole should be rotating and connecting to the base using bear
              the up hole should be moving horizontally as u see in the full model
              thanks

Tareq Altalmas

How can i apply the fixture and load on this link ???
                the best mesh size ??

Jared Conway

can you do this with a static analysis? possibly. what is the load case that you want to test? like you said, the way it is built it is meant to slide. are you going to fix it in a certain position for your test case? from your description that doesn't seem to be the case which then points you to a motion analysis to see what the motion is and then run a static analysis.

for mesh size, a good start would be half the thickness of the smallest thickness but you'll need to work with the mesh to choose a final mesh.

fixtures, need to know more about what you're going to try to do. but i'd suggest starting with the tutorials on some parts and simple assemblies first.