3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 10, 2013 7:07 PM by Joe Kuzich

Student version

Jason Bryant

So I have a question,

Can I post models created with the student version to a online portfolio I am creating? I have not and will not be using the student version for doing paid work but I need to post sample of work I have done to try and get a job in the industry.

What are my limitations in using the software and models created with it for searching for work?

Thanks

J.B

• Re: Student version
          Jeff Holliday

My understanding is that the files will be "watermarked" somehow to show that they have been created with a student version. I have never actually tried it.

Justin Waller

I think Jeff is right about the mark but I think either way I would contact your VAR just to get a double check on the rules

Joe Kuzich

You certainly should be able to use SW student version to post work on your portfolio.  The purpose of it is to learn the software and get a job using full versions so they can keep selling full versions. 

I'm not sure what SW student version does, but AutoDesk products do mark all prints, pdf's & other images.  This can be photo shopped out for portfolios and presentations.  It is additional steps and is a bit of an annoyance but at least its possible. 

I had given architectural presentation in school leaving it in and got a lot of negative feedback.  Although people claimed to understand I was using student versions of the software, that was a distraction from my work that they focused on.