4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 17, 2013 4:40 PM by Wayne Lehman

Multiple copies of workflows after EPDM 2012 to 2013 upgrade

Wayne Lehman

Just did a test upgrade of SolidWorks EPDM 2012 SP3 to EPDM 2013 SP3 on a test server. Everything went very smoothly with no problems - upgraded the archive/database server (on same server), file vault database/archives, EPDM client.

Logged into the newly upgraded vault using the Administration tool to check the vaults and everything checked ok except the workflows. Bizarrely, it now appears that I have THREE copies of each workflow (see attached screenshot).

Is this a normal result of the upgrade or did something go wrong? If it is normal, can I safely delete the extra workflows?

• Re: Multiple copies of workflows after EPDM 2012 to 2013 upgrade
          Jeff Sweeney

I've done hundreds of upgrades. That is not normal.

The only time I have ever seen that is if I exported a workflow then reimported it with the same name. Is it possible someone imported an EPDM export file with your workflows..twice? Maybe even before you did the upgrade?

Do some searches...I half way guess there aren't any files in these new workflows. If there are, check when the files were added, that may give you a clue of when those workflows were created.

Ensure your backups are up-to-date, if those workflows are empty you should be able to delete them.

Pretty weird. Watch the vault closely for a while.

Craig Lalumiere

I had this happen too only one copy and it was a pain to remove. I figured out it was from when I created the vault I used a .CEX file to make everything. Then because it missed things I did an import of the same CEX to get the missing data. It gave me a second set of workflows. The import did not duplicate anything else and when Importing I did select to overwrite existing files. I think I would have been better off starting form an empty vault and then importing rather than trying to import one over the install.

Did you do multiple imports like I did?

Raghavendra Bhagwan

AFAIK, I too encountered the same when we upgraded at a customer's place. Found out that there was a BUG reported. Dont have the SPR number handy, You can check with the reseller or the knowledge base.

There is an Hotfix available for this too. After the hotfix the workflows will display correctly.

Hope this helps !

Raghav.