3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 28, 2013 11:37 AM by Chris Michalski

Flow Sim progress window

Chris Michalski

Okay, I just updated to Flow 2011 recently (I know, I'm a few years behind).  Anyway, everytime I mesh a model it now opens the progress window in miniature.  Instead of it being 1/2 of the screen, it is barely big enough to fit the "minimize/restore/close" icons in the upper right corner.  Is this a default setting that got changed when I updated or what is going on?  It makes it tough to keep track of progress when you have to play Where's Waldo looking for the summary window and then enlarge it each time you mesh.

• Re: Flow Sim progress window
          Chris Michalski

Example: If you look in the upper left here, the progress window blends in with the toolbars in 2011.  This never happened in earlier versions.  It might be a minor detail but it's a major annoyance when you need numerous iterations to optimize the mesh.

I would assume there's a file somewhere the the pixel counts and locations for that window - anybody got any pointers on where to find that file and how to edit it?

wheres waldo.jpg

Jared Conway

hey chris, start by just resetting your solidworks settings through RX, see if that cleans things up, at least then you can start digging around in the registry for the size/shape options

if the rx reset doesn't work, you'll need a deeper reset

go into hkcu and rename the solidworks directory

again, start digging if that fixes it. unfortunately i don't know the exact keys where it is stored. i usually just reset and start fresh. i don't have a lot of customization.

something you can try is exporting your settings and then importing the peice by peice. that will help you narrow down where the problem lies. use the copy settings wizard for this.

Chris Michalski

Thanks Jared.  Fortunately it seems to have remembered what it "should" be doing.  I went looking in the registry and found the folder where it stores those dialog boxes.  Granted, I can't make hide nor hair of the string of numbers that define the boxes, but... after giving up and continuing to work Flow now is displaying the Mesh Generation box in the size I'm accustom to.  I must have just needed to jog its memory.