AnsweredAssumed Answered

question on rotating a part

Question asked by Dave Krum on Jun 26, 2013
Latest reply on Jun 27, 2013 by Dave Krum

Hello again all,

I've been working on a home project at night (after kids go to bed lol) for the last few weeks to practice learning SW by modeling my existing deck (and then model the future extension on it eventually).  Going ok so far but I've reached a bind with trying to model the sloped railing to go on the steps.  The straight railing wasn't too difficult to model but I'd like to now somehow preserve the spindle revolves and profiles of top/bottom rail that are already done and slope the whole thing down about 30 degrees.  I played around with editing the profile sketch for the top rail and choose to "rotate entity" but that doesn't seem to work.  Since the extrusion is already done horizontally, can I simply rotate the extrusion 30 degrees?  I wouldn't think I'd have to draw the entire profile over again.  Or maybe just make a new plane 30 degrees from existing one?  Just looking for suggestions on the best way to go about this.  See attachment of the railing.  I've also attached a screenshot of the deck where this railing needs to go.  Thanks in advance for all the help as always.

Attachments

Outcomes