3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 25, 2013 1:08 PM by Tom dunn

How to get Equation that define/ express a drawn curve?!

Ola Sarhan

Hey,

Please, Could anyone help me ?!

My problem is in finding equation to express a definit curve ..

As I have drawn a curve and i want to know how to get formula of equation that express/ define this one

Thanks ,

• Re: How to get Equation that define/ express a drawn curve?!
          Tom dunn

Hi Ola, I am not sure exactly you are looking for? Could you please post your model you are working on, a screen shot maybe? Thanks.

• Re: How to get Equation that define/ express a drawn curve?!
            Tom dunn

Hi Ola. I am no expert on this but I have been messing around for a little bit. I made a 3d curve (using the spline) just with some random points. I then went back and used the measure tool (tools, measure or just the "m" key on the keyboard.) I selected each point on the spline and it will give you the x,y,z coordinates of that point. I wrote that information down on a scrap piece of paper. example (x=23.0807,y=6.917,z=0). After I did this to all the points on my spline, 9 points in total I deleted the line. I then went back and created a new sketch using (Insert, Curve, Curve through X,Y,Z points) I selected the first box on the "X" and I input the xyz coordinates form my scrap paper. The sketch I randomly made the first time was recreated with these points.

I will attach my sketch. If you right click on curve 2 and hit edit feature you will see the chart that pops up with the point information.

I don't know how your part was created. But you should be able to create a 3d sketch on your model along the line indicated by your arrow and get your points as well. I think that is what you are looking for?

Also you threw me for a loop, I had no idea what a "mandible" was until I searched it on the web and found out it was a lower jaw bone, that made sense from your model.