AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to get the cut plots at every time step used by the solver?

Question asked by Mir Hayder on Jun 19, 2013
Latest reply on Jun 19, 2013 by Jared Conway

Hi,

I am trying to create an external transient analysis for the flow around a single cylinder at Reynolds number 140. I decided to run the simulation for 80 sec and want get to the velocity, pressure and vorticity cut plots at every time step. Can anyone suggest me how I can visualize the cut plots at every time step?  When I created the project, I selected the 'Time-dependent' check box, and set the total analysis time of 80 sec. There is an 'Output Time Step' box, which I know is used to save the result at a certain time, For example, if I use 4 sec, the results will be saved in every 4 sec, and the analysis will save the results for 21 time steps (80/4+1 for the first time step). At this point, I do not know what the solver will use for time steps, only that the results will be saved every 4 sec. Can anyone suggest me how I can find out the time step the solved uses so that I can create the cut plots every time step. Or what value I should use to get the result at every time step? My main goal is the visualize the flow at every time step and I want to create an animation with 25 frames per sec. I am very new in SW flow simulation, so any suggestion will help me a lot.

Thanks in advance.

Outcomes