9 Replies Latest reply on Jun 20, 2013 3:06 PM by Hannah Liang

meshing problem

Hannah Liang

I got the following weired error message

meshing_error1.png

The model with 2,407,634 fluid cells has been run yesterday. It was too slow and I changed mesh setting and modified some boundary data only. Re-run was shut down with above message.

Could somebody help this? my version is 2013.

Thanks

Hannah 

• Re: meshing problem
          Jared Conway

can you post a picture of the model? you've got 2million fluid cells and 4.5 million partial cells. this is a huge CFD solution. do you have the computing power to solve it? have you simplified it down to somethign reasonable to get started?

Hannah Liang

Thank you, Jared. I realized the mech size, but it was run, but cannot be run again with reduced mech cell number. My model image i posted here.

Error_mesh_model.png

the min. gap I set is 0.1". vs model overall dim.: 24"X48"X5.7". In addition, my machine spec.: 32GB Ram, 3.40GHz. Win7, 64 bit . Normally how many cell could be handled?

Thank you in advance for your comment.

Hannah

Jared Conway

what are the mesh settings that you are using? global only or local as well?

when you click on the button to look at the manual settings, what are the parameters that are selected. a couple ways to output this quickly would be to use screenshots or try the report function with the results loaded. (after mesh)

i don't know the conditions of the study but one way to reduce the number of cells would be to make the cells longer in the long direction of your model. but the physics of your problem will decide whether that is valid or not.

to start, i wouldn't be trying to solve this with more than 100k cells.