8 Replies Latest reply on Jun 20, 2013 11:51 AM by Jared Conway

Heat Sources

Habib Toossi

Hi everyone

Please help me

I have one question in flow simulation

suppose I have component that has temperature of 148c or produce 148c in open environment, now if I put this component inside enclosure I want to know.

1 - How hot it get or temperature rise?

2- Should I define in parameter the component as volume heating source  (heat generation rate or Temperature or volumetric heat generation rate )

3- If I put Temperature of 148c in parameter of heat sources the component will stay all the time at 148c with or without enclosure

thank you

• Re: Heat Sources
          Jared Conway

"3- If I put Temperature of 148c in parameter of heat sources the component will stay all the time at 148c with or without enclosure"

the output of simulation is basically temperature. so when you force the boundary condition, it will stay at that temperature.

sounds like to me you don't know what the power is.

so what you could do is use the parametric study to run an analysis where you setup the environmental conditions and ask the software to find what power produces 148deg C. once you have that, you can put it in a box with that power and it will tell you what temperature it gets with the box.

if you know the power, then you can just input it into your open air simulation, verify the results are 148 and if not, adjust parameters (environment..material...etc). and then move to your box analysis.