2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 12, 2013 8:15 AM by Derek Swegheimer

Droplist item limit?

Derek Swegheimer

Is there a limit to the number of items a droplist can contain?  I have a droplist on my search card so users can select a job number.  The droplist is populated by a SQL query.  When I run the query in SSMS, the result is correct (shows all my job numbers), but when I run the search card and click on the droplist, I do not get all of my job numbers.

Thanks for any help!

• Re: Droplist item limit?
          Jason Capriotti

Not that I know of....how many results are there?

How often do you have the list's sql refreshing because there is a bug if it's set to anything other than 1 minute where sometimes it doesn't run and the list gets out of date.

• Re: Droplist item limit?
              Derek Swegheimer

I was getting 71 results when I expected 84.  The list is set to refresh every 30 minutes.  Strange thing is that I changed the SQL query to make it more restrictive, ran my search to see the items in the drop down and got expected results from new query.  So, i went back and changed the query to what it was originally and now I get all 84 results.  Hmmm. 

I think you may be on to something with the refresh interval.  I'll set it to 1 minute and see what happens.

Thanks for the reply!