2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 26, 2013 4:55 PM by Lenny Bucholz

Remove student watermark

Lapo Lapo

I have a professional license of SolidWorks, but sometimes customers send us student-version parts.

This also happens with downloaded libraries of screws and this is my case.

I have removed the screw, but it keeps signaturing my part as student, even if I erase ALL functions and sketches from it.

It is like a zombie-infection.

• Re: Remove student watermark
          Alan Sweetenham

It would be best to contact your VAR. Although it is possible to have the watermark removed i beleive you will need a good explanation as obviously student editions are just that so your customers should not be using it for commericial work.

One other possiblity is one of your customers  is using a commercial version but perhaps left the templates from a previous student version (this causes it still to leave watermarks from experience)

• Re: Remove student watermark
            Lenny Bucholz

once it is saved as a student\educational always a sutdent\educational, thought you can make a new SW drawing using your drawing templates with no watermak.

you'll have to copy and paste the views form the student to a new pro template, but the part and assembly files still will be student versions.

you're customer would have to rebuild in a comercial version. now if you are making parts for the school no issue since it is for education, but for profit no.

Message was edited by: Lenny Bucholz