7 Replies Latest reply: Jun 18, 2013 11:12 AM by Jared Conway

Deformation not as excepted.

Sandeep S

Please have a look at the attached presentation and let me know as to why the deformation is one sided and what are the possible ways of avoiding this?

Thanks in advance

Sandeep

• Re: Deformation not as excepted.
          Jared Conway

any error messages when running the problem? do you have soft spring or inertial relief enabled?

you didn't include the displacement results, but it looks like to me you got the warning "large displacements" and chose the option "no" to not run the model with large displacement. as such your results are probably not as expected.

if that isn't the case, do you see any difference if you run this as a quarter symmetry model instead of half? this should add some additional restraints to the model to help prevent any of the issues that would come with an unrestrained model.

this is all based on the assumption you've checked your setup and everything setup symmetrically.

• Re: Deformation not as excepted.
              Sandeep S

Thank you Jared, Please find my answer below.

Q: any error messages when running the problem? do you have soft spring or inertial relief enabled?

A: There were no error messages, nor have i used soft spring or inertial relief.

Q:you didn't include the displacement results, but it looks like to me you got the warning "large displacements" and chose the option "no" to not run the model with large displacement. as such your results are probably not as expected.

A: I did not get "large displacement warning. Pls refer the displacement plot pasted below.

Capture.JPG

Q: if that isn't the case, do you see any difference if you run this as a quarter symmetry model instead of half? this should add some additional restraints to the model to help prevent any of the issues that would come with an unrestrained model.

this is all based on the assumption you've checked your setup and everything setup symmetrically.

A:  I have not tried quarter symmetry as the model geoemtry is not quater symmetric. My concerns is as the pressure loading is symmetric,why not the displacement.