AnsweredAssumed Answered

SolidWorks EPDM 'Downgrade Fee'

Question asked by Ken Schnautz on May 29, 2013
Latest reply on Aug 26, 2014 by Rasesh Palav

We are approaching the end of our first year subscribing to SolidWorks and EPDM. Over the course of this year, we have determined that we have one too many seats of EPDM Contributor. In asking my VAR to remove one seat from next year's renewal, I got a quote that included a 'Downgrade Fee' of $200.

I'm not sure what this entials, but to the best of my knowledge, because we are changing the number of seats, we require a new license file to put on our server. What I don't understand is why my VAR would charge me $200 for this new license.

Is this fee legitimate? I've searched the EULA for SolidWorks, which makes no mention of downgrade fees. It makes no mention of a fee either.

Also my VAR send a Download Agreement form to 'back up' their request. What is most odd is that the Download Agreement's original tile (in the metedata) is "AGREEMENT TO DELETE ALL NON-DONGLED US SERIAL NUMBERS FROM ALL US COMPUTERS AND TO USE ONLY DONGLED VERSION INTERNATIONALLY"

My VAR said that "SolidWorks does  require a signed copy of the attached Enterprise PDM downgrade agreement to remove the PDM Contributor from this network."

Does anyone have any information that could help me out? I'm considering switching VARs if this is not legit.

Outcomes