2 Replies Latest reply on May 24, 2013 5:36 PM by Michael Polansky

Has anyone experienced this problem?  We cant seem to work it out.

Michael Polansky

Every time we try to print the preview distorts the text.  It will print this way too.  We often use print to PDF and this happens almost every time.  I say almost every time because sometimes closing and reopening the file solves this issue.  However if you decide after looking at the preview that something needs to be adjusted its at that point that when you check the print preview again it will be with distorted text.  Please help!!

ORIGINAL.JPGPRINT PREVIEW.JPG

• Re: Has anyone experienced this problem?  We cant seem to work it out.
          Jeff Holliday

Are you saying the problem only occurs when printing as pdf? If so, I would suspect the pdf software you are interfacing with.

It appears as though you are using many different fonts in the upper view and that it is trying to be translated into just 1 font style with different sizes.

• Re: Has anyone experienced this problem?  We cant seem to work it out.
              Michael Polansky

We rarely just send this to the printer however regardless of choosing print to pdf or just print the preview shows this distorted text.  The text is all the same font with two different sizes in the top group of text.  Notice the dimensions are also affected.  One moment print preview looks the way it should but if I close the preview and make an adjustment it will distort the text when previewed again.  This is inconsistent but happens more often than not.  This happened with 2012 and suddenly stopped.  Now this is 2013 and all of us are having this issue.  We are using DELL workstations with Windows 7 and Quadro video cards.

We did just discover that a rebuild when this happens will render a perfect preview.  But it goes right back to being distorted if you make a small adjustment.  Then another rebuild sets it straight.