AnsweredAssumed Answered

Installing SW2010 - 2012 onto a win8 x64 system

Question asked by Jeff Wilke on May 24, 2013

This is not a question, just some information for the frustrated.  If anyone else has a similiar fix/question they can post here.

I had to install SW2010 on a win8 machine (working with a team who has old software)

System: Lenovo W530

Video Card: NVIDIA K2000M

RAM: 20GB

CPU: 2.6GHz i7

Initially the install seems to load fine, however the parts will disappear unless being rotated or scaled.

So essentially you have a video driver problem, you will need to rollback to this version, however you have to take a different approach...

Look/config for this: http://www.nvidia.com/object/quadro-notebook-win8-win7-winvista-64bit-307.83-whql-driver.html

Version:

307.83 WHQL

Release Date:

Operating System:

Windows 7 64-bit, Windows 8 64-bit, Windows Vista 64-bit

Language:

English (U.S.)

File Size:

190  MB 

First "double-click" to install this driver, it will not load/install, but will unpack the install package to C:\NVIDIA\DisplayDriver\307.83\Win8_WinVista_Win7_64

Go to Device Manager, Uninstall your current NVIDIA Display adapter.

(might need to refresh) Right click on the NVIDIA Card Display and select properties

select the driver tab, and update driver...

Browse to the install package listed above, and click "ok"

Restart and you should be ready to go.  I am able to run 2010 and 2012 64bit with this driver, and so far have seen no issues.

*Note: If the driver appears to NOT rollback, you may have to go back into the proerties of the adapter and choose from the list of installed drivers, as sometimes Windows is trying to keep it on the most current driver installed.'

Hope this helps!

Outcomes