1 Reply Latest reply on May 24, 2013 10:28 AM by Jon Brunke

"Current" version displayed State vs. "Get Version" version displayed State

Mark Lauritzen

I want to be able to view both the current State and the referenced State of a file.

OK, I know that the current State of a component in an assembly can be displayed from the "Contains" tab, while the State of the referenced version is not (unless they are the same). I also know that columns in the "Contains" tab are fixed.

What I would like to be able to see is the State of a file at the version that is being referended by a previous version of an assembly.

Example:

Version 47 of 47 is displayed and the State of the current version (47) "WIP - Production" is displayed.

47of47.jpg

Now, version 36 of 47 is displayed and the State of the current version (47) "WIP - Production" is still displayed.

I want to be able to see the State of the displayed verion (36), and the States of the referenced displayed components versions (27 & 27).

36of47.jpg

I am working on a Bill of Material option, but it seems a bit "klunky".

OK, you creative thinkers out there, have any ideas??

• Re: "Current" version displayed State vs. "Get Version" version displayed State
          Jon Brunke

I'd love to see an answer to this as well.  In our prior CAD data management software the display of version specific state references was and out of the box feature.  It took a long time for our users to recalibrate their preconditioned interpretation of what they were seeing.

I've spent quite a bit of time repeatedly explaining that the state displayed (at every interface) refers to the last version of a given file not the version they are looking at.  Given their prior experience and work habits they didn't react well.  They are used to it now however I still find it necessary to remind them about this little detail and to this day I specifically point it out to new users when introducing EPDM.