Hello again all,
I'm having a few problems with a simple drawing sheet that hopefully someone can answer. I'm still learning .
1. I know that with Autocad, two arcs cannot be dimensioned to an angular value for obvious reasons and I'm guessing that there is similarly no trick in SW to make this happen. I was trying to somehow get an approx. angle at the vertex of the bent part. I ended up just eyeballing two construction lines overlayed on top of the solid lines and just picking those two for an approx. angle. Is this the best way? I just put in an "~" in front of the angle.
2. When trying to pull an enlarged detail from this same vertex area, for some reason the detail is showing up way off the sheet and I cannot move it back onto the sheet. The annotations that go with the detail show on the sheet but not the detail itself. Cannot figure this one out. Just avoided the detail all together. Maybe I'm missing a step when I click "Detail View" and then draw circle and place the view on the sheet.
3. When bringing in a new view to drawing (the flat pattern in this case toward lower left of sheet), in order to fit it in, I had to stray from the sheet scale to make it fit which is fine but SW isn't throwing a scale in with the view automatically when dropping it on sheet. Does this need to be put on manually with the "note" annotation?
4. From reading on here, the only way that I saw to make a simple leader line to go from one place to another is to use "Insert / Annotation / Multi-jog leader" and just click the start point then RMB and choose end. But this puts another arrow on other end of line and I'd like just the beginning arrow (such as in Autocad when using the leader line dimension). You can see the 2 places where I used multi-jog but its putting double arrows.
5. Why are some of the dimension lines showing up in green? Ever since I brought the Autocad flat pattern view onto the sheet, stuff started turning green.