2 Replies Latest reply on May 17, 2013 2:31 PM by Brian Dalton

Problem using IEdmTemplate53::RunEx

Brian Dalton

I'm trying to use this command to run a template and get the path to the file created by it.  I can use the IEdmTemplate::Run command successfully, but this one won't even compile because the VS2008 IDE complains that it doesn't recognize the constants called out in the code.

I am using code straight out of the API reference and I made sure to declare the template object as type IEdmTemplate53.  I have no idea why the IDE complains that these things aren't declared.  There's no declaration for them in the example code in the API reference... What am I missing?

not declared.jpg

This image shows the highlighted references that VB2008 can't recognize.  If these things aren't included in the EdmLib, where are they?

• Re: Problem using IEdmTemplate53::RunEx
          Charley Saint

Brian,

Had to launch an archeological expedition for this one, use EdmDataType as the qualifier

While idx <= upper

data = retData(idx)

Select Case data.Type

Case EdmDataType.EdmData_File

row = "Type=File, Path=" + data.Get(EdmDataPropertyType.EdmProp_Path)

Case EdmDataType.EdmData_Folder

row = "Type=Folder, path=" + data.Get(EdmDataPropertyType.EdmProp_Path)

Case EdmDataType.EdmData_Variable

row = "Type=Variable, Name=" + data.Get(EdmDataPropertyType.EdmProp_Name) + ", Value=" + data.Get(EdmDataPropertyType.EdmProp_Value)

Case Else

row = "Unknown data type"

End Select

idx = idx + 1

message = message + row + vbLf

End While