AnsweredAssumed Answered

Is it me or did decals change?

Question asked by Carmelo Treviso on May 13, 2013
Latest reply on May 13, 2013 by Carmelo Treviso

Hi guys, I'm working on an assembly for a circuit board. My SOP is usually to have the main board done up then I scan the actual PCB and create a decal from it. I place the decal on the PCB which allows me to place the parts in the proper location. As I no longer layout the assembly steps, I usually will create an assembly of each main sequence. When I've placed the parts I save the assembly and then I will also save the assembly off as a solid part. This helps with the next part of the assembly by not calling out all the parts on my BOM for the second assembly sequence.

So anyway, when I pull up the solid part of that assembly the decal is usual gone so I go into the decal and add it back in and save it a solid part with the decal in place then begin the 2nd stage of assembly parts. Well this time around I went to add the decal but the option to browse is no longer there. The only option is to Open the Decal Library and I dont place my decals that I make in this folder. By the way they are JPG files due to our scanner setup. So I tried to browse from there and add the folders (which are blue) but no dice due to file type .p2d.

I've alway been able to browse to my jpegs, now I can't. Any ideas if this is a SP3 change? Options?

Outcomes