5 Replies Latest reply on May 7, 2013 11:42 PM by Davif Dsdas

Cut and Paste

Laura Whittle

I'm trying to cut a file from one folder and put it into another folder.  I have delete/destroy and add permissions in both folders. 

I get an error saying I lack permission to process one file.

I have even tried going in as Admin and still can't do it.  I've looked into the workflow permissions and for admin we have just everything checked.  The workflow properties don't look good too.

What am I missing as I am pretty sure I have done this before?

• Re: Cut and Paste
          Laura Whittle

Typo in the above: ->The workflow properties are good. 

Tim Webb

Hi Laura,

Probably a problem with permissions in previous states the file has been through.

Tim CEPA

http://www.equivaq.com

Laura Whittle

Thanks Tim,

Admins have the same permissions in every state in this workflow. So that shouldn't be a problem right?

Tim Webb

Shouldn't be but it depends on every state the file has ever been through.

If I need to cut (delete) & paste (add) to another folder, I usually transition the file to a state where the user I'm logged in as has delete permissions in the state the file is in, add permissions in the destination folder where the file is going to be pasted, and ignore permissions in previous states.

Setup a testbed vault and check it on a simple workflow with 3 states: In work, approved, obsolete.

For the admin user:

1. Set up the folder to be used with a test workflow with add or rename file, check out file, delete file, read file contents and show working versions of files
                    2. Set up the in work and approved states with add, checkout, delete and read permissions
                    3. Set up the obsolete state with ONLY read permissions
                    4. Log in as admin on your vault
                    5. Add a file to the folder
                    6. Transition it through all three states and back to the in work state
                    7. Delete the file (the admin will see an error message you lack permissions)
                    8. Update the obsolete state with delete permissions
                    9. Delete the file (the admin will not see an error message)
                    10. Undo change #8
                    11. Update the in work state to ignore permissions in previous states
                    12. Delete the file (the admin will not see an error message)

Hope this helps

Tim CEPA

http://www.equivaq.com

Davif Dsdas

Hi,are you delete the folder in windows explorer?or you can hide the preview pane & try.