3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 20, 2014 2:14 PM by Frank Aloia

SolidWorks Extended Subscription Services (ESS)

Anthony Jones

Does anyone have experience with the SolidWorks Extended Subscription Services (ESS) offered by DS SolidWorks?

I have recently been informed of this service and would like to gauge the experience of other companies who use this support. Specifically how you have taken advantage of the offered services and if you feel the costs are justified.

I dont think it is a very well known package but I'm sure it is available to all customers large and small. I wont list what is offered, but it seems on paper quite worthwhile.

Any feedback would be appreciated!

• Re: SolidWorks Extended Subscription Services (ESS)
          Kelvin Lamport

I've not heard of that before, and a quick Google search shows only one VAR in England advertising it. I couldn't find any mention of it in SolidWorks or Dassaults sites either.

(http://www.solidapps.co.uk/index.php/support/products-solidworks-subscription/solidworks-extended-subscription-services)

If you have some links, please post them.

Anthony Jones

I have been in very close contact with various VARs over the years and only a few months ago did I learn about ESS.

Some VARs offer their own style of ESS; with larger account customers having some days form AEs onsite, some free advice on how to improve existing processes, a little bit of free training here and there. But nothing which seems as direct as this. How many times have you ever connected 1:1 with DS onsite?

I think ESS may only be offered for larger corporate customers, but since I had never heard of it before I was wondering if it was indeed 'by invitation only'. I wouldnt have expected DS to offer this to all customers, but someone must be taking advantage of it?

However, the SolidApps website pretty much tells you exactly what I have been told by DS SolidWorks. On face value, with no sales push from DS, it actually seems like quite a nice package to take up.

I too found no links elsewhere.

Frank Aloia

Anthony,

ESS or the Extended Subscription Services program is something we developed to address the needs that many of our larger customers have told us they're looking for.  It helps address the needs of these larger in many cases global accounts to coordinate the activities taking place across the multiple VARs they engage with regionally. We also help these accounts through a number of strategic initiatives from planning their upgrades - systems integrations.

If you'd like to talk in more detail about ESS and see if it's something that would be a good fit for you and your company please don't hesitate to send me a private message. 

Frank Aloia

Sr. Technical Services Program Manager

Dassault Systemes - SOLIDWORKS