AnsweredAssumed Answered

Fitting for reducing pipe branch (Olet) causing errors

Question asked by Justin Arseneault on Apr 30, 2013
Latest reply on Oct 17, 2013 by Philip Lewis

Hello all,

I've tried to make a fitting to connect pipe branches to much larger pipe runs (e.g. 12"x0.25"). The catalogue I'm basing it off of calls it an anvilet, though I'm not sure if that's the commonly used name. I want the fitting to snap to the route so that is sits just on top of the main pipe and starts a branch with a smaller diameter. I've accomplished this by having the route point and two connections points located at the centre of sketch circle representing the larger pipe and a third connection point at the outlet for the branch.

Here's my problem: sometimes the branch line will take on the diameter of the main pipe, even though the outlet cpoint specifies a smaller diameter. This is accompanied by:

ErrorRoute1

Routing fittings could not be created for some segments. Examine the properties of the connection point at the each ends of the segments, and specify the same properties for both points.

I have also noticed that the generated pipe for the branch extends all the way to the rpoint instead of stopping at the cpoint as it does for other fittings. This happens regardless of whether I get the above error or not. Does anyone know what would cause this behaviour? I'm using SolidWorks 2012 SP5

Thank you!

Outcomes