3 Replies Latest reply on May 1, 2013 11:02 AM by Jared Conway

Flow Simulation issue - Graphics error or other problem?

Matt Snook

Hello

Im trying to run a flow simulation on this model for my college project but I am having issues and I am not sure what it could be.

The results slow black areas on the cut plots and flow trajectories will show black lines in the same areas.

Have i set up the simulation wrong or is it just a graphics error.

The model is quite complex (assembly).

Untitled.png

Thanks in advance

• Re: Flow Simulation issue - Graphics error or other problem?
          Jared Conway

what kind of graphics card are you using?

close all files in solidworks, go to tools > options > systems options > performance and enable the software opengl option

reload your sim results and see if the problem goes away. if it does, graphics problem.

thats what it looks like to me. it looks like it is almost trying to apply lighting/shading/shadows but that it isn't working properly.

Matt Snook

Hi thanks for your reply. I tried the same simulation with just the chassis and it worked okay but that's not what I need.

The graphics card is a nvidia Quadro 400 I think.

I used to have an ATI radeon and flow sim would not run unless openGL was enabled. I was told that this function forces it to run on the motherboard graphics?

So the graphics card was essentially pointless.

Hence the change

Jared Conway

software opengl is for troubleshooting. so i would enable it temporarily just to see if the problem goes away.

you are correct that it passes the information to the CPU to perform the graphics operations. but if software opengl solves the problem, at least we know it isn't a model, analysis or installation problem. you could work that way temporarily until you figure out if the graphics card or graphics card driver is the issue.