Hi, I would like to create a study to determine cooling of a glass plate.
The study in described by this picture:
- a glass plate has an initial temperature of 80 °C
- the plate moves with a 4 m/min translational velocity
- a fan pushes air torwards the plate. The air being pushed has a 25 °C temperature
My aim is determining the air flow rate to put in order to have the plate cooled to 40 °C.
I'm not modeling the fan, I'm using an inlet flow rate of air.
I don't think that flow simulation can handle this simulation, it could be solved by a a code that supports moving meshes.
i was therefore thinking about this woraround:
- Making a transient analysis at the initial position of the plate
- Move the plate a little bit
- Apply as initial conditions temperature results on the glass plate from previous study
- run anothe transient analysis
- move the plate and so on...
Would it work ? But then:
- how can I export a txt file with XYT cordinates of plate's solid cells centres and their temperature ?
- How can I input those as initial temperature when I'm doing the second transient analysis ?