AnsweredAssumed Answered

Change Custom Sheet Size with minimum pain?

Question asked by Steve Keith on Apr 25, 2013
Latest reply on Apr 26, 2013 by Steve Keith

I have searched help and forums for answers before posting.

I am dealing with the sloppy work of multiple predecessors.  I am an infrequent user (~10 hours/month) who has only completed the essentials.  I am particularly inept at the drawing side of SW given my decades of use, indoctrination and immersion in AutoCAD (starting with version 9) for drawings.  I am also a stubborn old dog.

I have a well established title block and border template that fits perfectly in ANSI D, 34x22 format with a 0.5" margin.  I have MANY MANY MANY drawings from predecessors that have the same title block/border placed seemingly at random on a 34 x 23.62204724in custom sheet size, though they tend to be aligned close to the top and extremely close to the right edges.

When I change the custom sheet size to 34x22, it clips the sheet boundary at the top and right, thus the borders of the drawing are out of the sheet boundary.  It requires two steps to fix:

1) manually moving the border and entities associated with the sheet format - generally pretty straight forward.

2) manually moving the views/entities on the sheet - generally a nightmare of epic proportions.

Inevitably, there are stragglers or entities not associated with a view that get left behind with unpredictable results, e.g., datum labels that refuse to be moved, etc.  It doesn't seem to matter whether I attempt to move entities by delta X and Y input or by From/to selections.  I realize this stems from poor practices to begin with, but I'm trying to minimize the pain associated with making things look presentable, and I only want to engage in these activities when some technical necessity requires a drawing revision.

In short, given the above situation, is there an easy way to move an entire sheet/sheet-format a given x and given y distance and have everything move in an orderly fashion?  I just care that the drawing is visually centered on the given page.  I don't care that everything is done according to best practices.

As a secondary question, and probably a noobish one at that, is there a way to take an existing entity and associate it with a given view so it will move with the view?

Thanks,

Steve

Outcomes