AnsweredAssumed Answered

Quantity column name change per configuration

Question asked by Timothy Cade on Apr 25, 2013
Latest reply on Apr 25, 2013 by Dwight Livingston

Ok, hopefully I can get the question out clearly on this. Our usual drawing procedure has been to manually do a BOM since we really didn't understand it. I am now working at trying to understand it and am making great progress but there are some issues I am trying to figure out how to do.

Solidworks obviously creates its own standard columns. One of those is QTY. In our drawings we usually create columns title either -01,-02, etc. for assemblies and -11,-12,etc for parts. Those columns are populated with the quantities. In Solidworks the columns are listed as QTY.

So my question is, how can I rename the columns that automatically drop in the configuration name (i.e. -01, or -11) and then populate the columns with the quantities?

Now, maybe there is no real way to do that other than going into Options>Document Properties>Bill of Materials, and selecting the"Do not add "QTY" next to configuration name. If that is the case then how can I fix it when it changes the size of the column. The two pics show both of the things I am refering to.

Attachments

Outcomes