2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 7, 2014 4:12 PM by Jamil Snead

Sketch Dimension Point to the Wrong Line

Justin Arseneault

Hello everyone,

I have been having a problem with some of my part sketches with dimensions not displaying correctly (in the sketches, not talking about drawings here). I will dimension a vertical distance and the part will be constrained correctly, but upon reentering the sketch, the dimension now points to some horizontal distance. All the constraints remain correct, the dimension is just shown in the wrong place. It seems to happen only with revolved parts. 

This is making it difficult to figure out which dimensions are which, especially where I haven't been vigilant about giving dimensions descriptive names. I've contacted tech support at my VAR, but they were unable to provide an explanation. They suggested using ordinate dimensions as a work around. Hopefully I don't run into the same problem with those. I will be transitioning my job to a new employee soon and I don't want to leave a mess for them to figure out.

Anyone know why this would happen? (I have attached the part and pictures of the sketch. Two of the affected dimensions are highlighted).

Thank you!