2X ...

I would like it to look like this:

(2x) ...

Where do I go to change this?  Also, my "<hw-threaddesc>" gives me this:

M6X1.0

I would like it to look like this:

M6

Where do I go to change this?

• Re: Changing the look of "<NUM_INST>X"???
          Jeremy Feist

assumingthese are from holewizard holes, the automatic notes are controlled by the calloutformat.txt file - there are several discussion on how to edit it.

Mike Pogue

Just for my curiosity, why  do you want non-standard hole-callouts? I'm sure you don't want to remove the thread pitch. How would the machinist know whether you want 1/4-20 or 1/4-28? If you want to remove the thread series (UNF, UNC etc) you can use <hw-threaddesc> which contains size and pitch only. However, if you remove thread series, you will have no grounds whatsoever to reject a part so long as it has threads. The thread standards provide the tolerance, without which you are left with "get it on the part" Also, if you put the quantity in parenthesis, you will make it reference, and all holes in the callout other than the one with the leader will be undefined.

Aaron Torberg

Mike -

Let me start by saying I am relatively new to this company.  We are a metric company (everything is metric!), and we are huge on the reuse of design data.  Our title block states "unless otherwise specified all threads are metric coarse pitch" so unless noting a fine pitch thread there is no need for a pitch callout.  Our parts manufacturers all get a copy of our "terms" and a lot of this data is also conveyed here - including the thread class of the holes so it is also not needed.  I realize that the parenthesis makes the quantity refrence however we have decided to adopt this callout to isolate the qty callout from the hole callout making it easier to glance at a print and decipher the qty from the hole dimensions (its basicly an in house machinist thing).  Holes and such appear like so;

(4x) Ø2 THRU

Or in the case of a thread;

(6x) M6 - 30 ↓ (that last character is the closest thing I have to a depth symbol)

I can't tell you much more about why they do what they do, they have been doing it for a long time and I am just trying to accomodate.  Hope this helps - thanks.

David Bertrand

You can go in and modify the .txt file that drives that. If you go to Options > File Locations > Hole Callout Formate File, it will tell you where your current file is located. save a copy to go back to if you make a mistake. modify all the callouts you need, they are broken down into different types so you will have to read the titles carefully to make sure you are in the right area of the .txt file. after you complete your changes save it and do a test to make sure all call outs are right. if all is good place a copy on your server and have everyone point to that location to have everyone doing the same thing and if changes are needed in the future they will be pushed out to everyone at one time.

Alex Taguchi

After applying the change to the dimension text for the hole callout, click the add/update style button at the top of the dimension property pane. This will then create a favorite that will include those parenthesis around the quantity. Give this a try.

style.png