AnsweredAssumed Answered

Rendering Animation with PhotoView 360 Suddenly Stops After a Few Frames

Question asked by Jack Wilson on Apr 16, 2013
Latest reply on Apr 16, 2013 by Jack Wilson

Hello,

I've been having trouble rendering animations with one of my assemblies. I am rendering a series of bitmap images on the 'good' setting at 24fps, with a resolution of 1280 x 720. I have a couple of animations each in a different motion analysis study that will only render a few frames and then just stop for no reason. Sometimes it will render ~100 frames, and sometimes it will only render ~2. One of the motion studies is slightly complex with some motors and solid body contact sets, but the other has no moving parts, just a camera on a path. Technically I had to make a parts for the camera path and point on the path so that they would have mass in motion analysis, but the main assembly does not move. Both of the animations are of the same assembly.

The odd thing is that I have a much larger and more complex model with a bunch of moving parts that rendered fine a couple of days ago. The only difference that I suspect may have an effect is the part appearances. The problem assembly has some fairly complex textures such as 'burnished chrome and 'polished redwood 2d', while the assembly that renders fine has mostly 'medium gloss plastic'. Has anyone experienced problems with certain appearances?

I've searched the forums for answers and the closest problem that I've found is THIS thread by Scott Baugh. Interestingly, I do not have any decals in the assembly that is giving me problems, but I do have decals in the assembly that is rendering fine!

I know I am starting to ramble here... but one other thing that is worth noting is that the PhotoView preview window is problematic with the assembly that does not render correctly. It seems to constantly update and clicking 'pause' only stops it for about a second before it resets again. When it is doing this it is almost impossible to do anything like move the model or move the timeline. Even when the model is not changing at all (not touching the mouse), the preview window will continuosly update. With the assembly that renders fine, I can more or less leave the preview window open as I make small changes and position the model without a problem

I've been struggling with this for days, so if anyone has any suggestions I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks,

Jack

Outcomes