7 Replies Latest reply on Feb 24, 2015 4:25 PM by Steve Elting

I'm try to make a report for simulation. but when it's open the report, it's not adding the pictures

Ezra Aghai

I'm try to make a report for simulation. but when it's open the report, it's not adding the pictures

how can I fix it?

and can I tell it to report to Acrobat Reader and not to Microsoft word?

• Re: I'm try to make a report for simulation. but when it's open the report, it's not adding the pictures
          Jared Conway

does it happen to every simulation or just one specific one? what version/service pack are you using?

you can't go directly to PDF. HTML or word first and then you can output to PDF with a pdf writer. If you don't have one, check out CutePDF or similar. there are lots of them.

• Re: I'm try to make a report for simulation. but when it's open the report, it's not adding the pictures
              Ezra Aghai

it is happend with every simulation.

but it's wird, because when I done it before- every thing was fine (I meen that all the pictures was in the report). but now it's seam like its save place in the report for the pitures, but thay not there.

Jared Conway

Hi Ezra, if this is happening to all parts, new and old and all studies, at least it tells us that it is likely an installation related issue and not something specific to the file or study. That's a good first start.

You mentioned that this worked at some point before. Do you know what changed since then? Did you change solidworks/simulation versions, have you changed office versions...etc?

There are several solutions posted in the SolidWorks KB about how to resolve this problem, I think that Alin has covered them all. What you might want to also do is post an example file that has the problem (just a block with a load) and the resulting report and then one of us can check on our system to see if we see the same thing. That way we can really be sure it is an install related issue and point you down the path that will fix it the quickest.

Have you spoken to your reseller about this yet?

Alin Vargatu

A) This can be an indication of a problem with Microsoft Word. First of all, make sure you have the FULL version of MS Office (not a "Starter" version since that is not supported).

Completely uninstalling and reinstalling Microsoft Office has resolved this issue for some users. After reinstalling the Microsoft Office installation, also repair the SolidWorks installation.

If the above does not resolve the issue, please try the following procedure:

1) Search for the file "studyReportFormats" on your machine. If there are multiple versions found, be sure you are looking at the one for the version of interest (2010, 2011, etc). If you do not find this file on your system, skip to step 3.

2) With SolidWorks closed, rename this file.

3) Launch SolidWorks.

4) Activate both English menu and feature name options in SolidWorks (only if you are using a foreign language)--> Options.

5) Enable Simulation and access Simulation --> Options --> Default Options --> Report. Without changing anything, click OK. This should recreate the file "studyReportFormats" with the categories in English so that newly created reports will show English categories.

6) Try publishing a report. If it works, you should be able to disable the English options (if applicable) to get the report in the localized foreign language if desired.

---------------------------------------------------------------

B) I do not expect this is the problem, but please read also solution B):

Result plot images are omitted from Simulation report if there are too many characters in the full path that leads to the jpg files that are created and then included in the report.

The naming convention for the image filename itself is [file name]-[study name]-[plot type]-[plot name]. When the total number of characters for this name exceeded a limit, the problem happens.

Since the number of characters is different for each plot due to different length of characters for the [plot type]-[plot name] combination, for certain varying lengths of study names, you might get all, some, or none plots showing up in the report, depending on the character count for each plot figure name.

Workarounds include moving the file and Result folder to a location with a shorter path.

Also, using a shorter name for the SolidWorks file, as well as using a shorter name for the study and the plots may help.

----------------------------------------------------------------

C) If the images are simply missing, then follow this procedure, trying to generate a report between each step:

1) Close SolidWorks and rename HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SolidWorks and HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SRAC - then try creating a report to see if that changed the behaviour.

2) Modify the SolidWorks Export options for JPG files:

To set the export options:

a. Click File, Save As.

b. Select JPEG (*.jpg) for Save as type, then click Options.

c. Select "Screen Capture", then click OK.

d. Click Save to export the document.

Try publishing a report again.

3) Repair the SolidWorks installation WITH ANTIVIRUS TURNED OFF.

4) Try logging in under a different Windows user account, preferably an account with Admin permissions.-----------------------------