9 Replies Latest reply on Apr 4, 2013 12:41 PM by Richard Doyle

Setting the record straight on the future of SolidWorks Mechanical CAD?

http://blogs.solidworks.com/solidworksblog/2013/04/setting-the-record-straight-on-the-future-of-solidworks-mechanical-cad.html

I don't think this sets the record straight. Do you think it does?

Jon Banquer

CADCAM Technology Leaders group on LinkedIn

• Re: Setting the record straight on the future of SolidWorks Mechanical CAD?
          Glenn Schroeder

Jon,

I'm hesitant to get into this, but here goes.

I read that post and your comments below it.  The last paragraph of the post seems pretty clear to me, especially the two sentences below.  I'll be the first to admit that I don't keep up with all of the SW news, and that a lot of what I do see I don't understand, but I find it difficult to believe that the people at Dassault haven't figured out by now how many customers they would lose by killing the current version of SW.  As I've said before in other discussions, until the two sentences below turn out to be a lie I don't plan to lose any sleep over it.  If that does happen I will look at alternatives, and they will not involve my work being on the cloud.

"SolidWorks Mechanical CAD, currently used by over two million engineers and designers around the world, will continue to leverage the Parasolid kernel.  There is no plan to change the kernel."

"As we have stated previously, we will continue to develop and improve SolidWorks Mechanical CAD, and have no end-of-life plan for the tool that so many of our customers use and depend on today."

Greg Hynd

Solidworks puts the record straight, and is Jon happy? NO. Still rants on about the same cr*p as before, thinking he is the daddy to CAD all over the world. We have had enough from you Jon, now go away and find another CAD company to hassle.

Richard Doyle

Hi Everyone,

This thread is beng locked, and some offensive posts have been removed.  Please refer to the SolidWorks Blog for more information on SolidWorks Mechanical Conceptual.  Comments are open over there - feel free to join in.

Now let's get back to helping each other learn more about using SolidWorks and related products - after all, that's why these forums exist, as a peer-to-peer resource.

And it's a good resource too - thanks to all of you who participate.

Richard