3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 3, 2013 1:17 PM by Joseph Lewinski

Automatic folder selection

Joseph Lewinski

I'm using three tasks for converting SW drawings to DXF, PDF & eDrw's, which automatically launch during an "Approve" transition, which works perfectly.  What I would like to do, is to save these viewing files to a new folder, based on the assigned ECO number (which is a variable (t_number) automatically assigned to the ECO document via the serial number generator.  Assuming I'll be using the Advanced Scripting Options of the Convert Task, how can I get that ECO number variable (t_number) into the Primary Output Path?

• Re: Automatic folder selection
          Arto Kvick

If I understand correctly this will not help you all the way, but there is a solution (S-054527) Where you can use source file variable as a option in filename of output file.

So if your ECO Number is on the source file, this will help you...

To followup on Joy,

S-054527 -> Filename

S-061104 -> Foldername

AKA Both are the same instruction...

Joy Garon

Joe -

Please reference the knowledge base solution how to read a variable value from the data card of the source file and use in the output filename.

Solution S-061104

Regards,

Joy

Joseph Lewinski

Arto & Joy

Thank you so much for your direction!  This is what I was looking for.  There is one minor issue, which I can live with if necessary, but I would prefer not.

The script creates the required folder, HOWEVER, it is appending the FILENAME after the ECR number.

e.g. - "ECR-3008FileName"  while what I want is "ECR-3008".

I've tried removing various references to the FILENAME from the path, but quite honestly, I'm doing it "hit and miss"! 

Where should I be looking?

Scratch the "HOWEVER" section above.  I'm suffering from FFF (Fat Fingered Follies).  I inadvertently deleted a "\" in the Output File Details - Primary output path.  Once I replaced it, the script works perfectly!

No offense Arto, but this has been a JOYous fix!