1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 1, 2013 8:58 PM by Jared Conway

The best conditions of the inlet and outlet of the axial flow fan?

Park Sang-Hyun

Hi there! I'm studying the Flow simulation.

I interpret the axial fan.

I calculate the efficiency.

The first condition

Inlet conditions: mass flow rate [kg / s]

Exit conditions: pressure (positive pressure, voltage, standard atmospheric pressure) [Pa]

The second condition

Inlet conditions: pressure (positive pressure, voltage, standard atmospheric pressure) [Pa]

Exit condition: mass flow rate [Kg / s]

It is what the first condition and the second condition in the condition more accurately?

For the interpretation of the axial flow fan, and how much is the number of grid Mesh?

Research is really important to me.
      Thank you in advance.

naver_com_20130401_225007.jpg

• Re: The best conditions of the inlet and outlet of the axial flow fan?
          Jared Conway

Park, are you trying to analyze the part that looks like a fan or do you just want to use a fan in your model? IE, are you designing the fan or using one off the shelf?

If you're using one off the shelf, get the fan curve, replace what you have for the fan model with a simple cylinder, setup an internal fan, put environmental pressure on both sides and run. Measure the pressure difference from one side of the fan to the other, compare to your curve, that should be the flow rate you read out of your fan.

If you're designing the fan yourself, you need to setup a rotating region to rotate the fan at the RPM it will rotate at. And then either you can setup the pressure drop from one side to another and see what the flow rate is or put a flow rate on one end and pressure on the other and find out the pressure drop vs mass flow rate that you input. A parameters sweep in SolidWorks 2013 will make this an easy task.

Take a look at the solidworks knowledgebase for suggestions on number of cells to use.