5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 5, 2013 9:03 PM by Kip Speck

How to delete a Vault View created via the ePDM API?

Noel Witt

I have used the API to create a new Vault View.

edmVault.createNewVaultView(blah..blah);

How do I delete that View?

I have tried the following (as user having Administrator privs): Via windows explorer I right-click on the view and select delete, I receive a dialog, "Delete View - The view "blah..blah" was created by 'NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM'.  Only 'NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM' or an administrator can remote it."

I am logged in as an Administrator... but still receive the message and am unable to delete the view.

Windows 7

I have attempted various methods to delete the view, including connecting as NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM via psexec.exe, but have had no luck or success. The psaexec method was mentioned at http://www.mssqltips.com/sqlservertip/2682/recover-access-to-a-sql-server-instance/.

The API provides a method to create a view, but does NOT appear to provide a method to delete a view. 

Have any ideas on how one can delete a View create via the API?

• Re: How to delete a Vault View created via the ePDM API?
          Kip Speck

Noel,

You will need to open Task Manager > Kill EdmServer.exe. 

Run CMD

Type cd\

Type ATTRIB [path to your view] -s

Then the View will look like a typical Windows folder

Delte the Folder.

Kip Speck CEPA

http://www.stratus-x.com

Noel Witt

Thank you for your reply Kip. However, I did not attempt your solution as the following response was received via a service-request and was successful prior to receipt of your message.

<SR Response>

Note: You should only remove a file vault view manually if you are certain that there are no files checked out (locked) in that view. Before following the instructions below, try to remove the file vault view by right-clicking the file vault root and select "delete file vault view". If the deletion does not work, proceed with the manual remove. To remove the local view “manually” you could do as follows: 1. Delete the registry key for the view: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SolidWorks\Applications\PDMWorks Enterprise\Databases\[VAULTNAME] (On x64 OS also delete HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\SolidWorks\Applications\PDMWorks Enterprise\Databases\[VAULTNAME] 2. Delete the corresponding vault name entry for the view under: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SolidWorks\Applications\PDMWorks Enterprise\DatabaseID 3. Delete the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SolidWorks\Applications\PDMWorks Enterprise\ConisioAdmin 4. Open a command prompt, step into the view and change the attributes of desktop.ini using: attrib –s –h –r desktop.ini 5. Delete desktop.ini (type DEL Desktop.ini) 6. Close command prompt (type EXIT) 7. Close any existing Windows Explorer windows and re-open explorer. 8. Delete the (now a local yellow folder) file vault view cache folder.

</SR Response>

Trent Westbrook

Kip,

This was the answer for me.   After sifting through the registry and deleting everything in Noel's post the vault view would still reappear.  I was about to go crazy trying to wipe it from the machine.

What does the -s switch do?