2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 25, 2013 1:03 PM by Robert Basan

Interested in source/library of detailed material data - stress-strain, fatigue curves...?

Robert Basan

Dear Colleagues,

How difficult (or easy) it is for you to obtain more complex material data and properties which are mentioned in the subject?

I am not talking about basic information such as yield strength or ultimate strength of the material (discrete points) but complete curves - stress-strain, strain-life, stress-life.

The thing is, I have established a web-based material properties database containing detailed properties of design-relevant metallic materials and I am now thinking about adding new features such as exporting simulation-pertinent data for Solidworks software.

With this question I am trying to determine if people would be interested in using such a resource.

So, would such an automated option (once it is implemented) be interesting to you as a Solidworks Users and would you be willing to use it on a commercial basis?

Website and database can be found at the address http://www.matdat.com and already as a free user you can access material data for approx. 350 unalloyed steels.

Full access to all materials (low-alloyed steels, high-alloy steels, aluminum and titanium alloys, cast irons, etc.) is available to PRO users for a 120 EUR annual fee - option for material data export that I mentioned above would be available under this option.

Sample of currently available detailed material report is in the attachment.

Thank you very much for your time and answers!

Best regards,

Assist. Prof. Robert Basan, D. Sc.