6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 26, 2013 7:56 PM by Wernyu Hau

No load are applied to the model

Wernyu Hau

Hai all, please help in solving the problem that occurred when i transfer fld file to simulation for static stress analysis, it keep showing "no load....." even i have added up all the goal in pressure (global, surface, volume -min, max, ave)

thanks

wernyu

• Re: No load are applied to the model
          Jared Conway

what are the exact steps you used?

did you remember this first step:

Click Flow Simulation > Tools > Export Results to Simulation. Flow Simulation will traverse over all model surfaces and make the fluid parameters available for SolidWorks Simulation.

have you checked your method using a simple part? (start with a block in an external flow)

the other thing to check is that you have the right faces available in your model. for example if your model has switched to beams for simulation, i don't think the flow results will transfer over. check with solids first.

Wernyu Hau

Hai Jared,

thank you so much for this "ADDITIONAL STEP".  The problem because i just IMPORT from the simulation of .fld file but did not EXPORT it.  I thought after i imported then it shall be done already. . Really appreciate for your warmest help.

thanks and regards,

wernyu

Jared Conway

Hi, no problem. I think i ran into this myself which is why i had an idea of what might be happening. What would be cool is if it automatically processed the data when you pull it into simulation. Please mark this as answered when you have a a chance and submit an enhancement request, there should be one in there for that request already.

Wernyu Hau

Jared, i would like to ask if you have experienced about lacking of memory.  do you know how to enhance the memory by COMBINING 2 computers memory space? because solidworks just demonstrate in the tutorial about USING ANOTHER computer after i connected the LAN cable.  any idea?

Jared Conway

Hi wernyu, for flow you can use the remote solver to solve the problem on another computer. That leverages the CPU and memory on that computer. However meshing is done locally and you need a good pipe for he back and forth. If you are at that point, I would recommend moving the files to the other computer and running the solution there. That will be the most effective. But one note I will add is that you should look at where the memory is being used, if you have an x64 computer and 8gb of ram, you should be able to solve almost anything.

For simulation, there is no distributed solving. You only option is to move the files over and run from there. Same comment about where you are using memory. Also the exact error message might help pin down the actual cause of the issue which may not be lack of resources. Probably best to investigate as a new thread.