2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 25, 2013 2:11 PM by Mike Sveda

PDM make PDF task

Simon Konda

Hi everybody,

Our company has slowly started using SW ePDM software. We use SW 2012 (S.P.5.0) with ePDM (12.4).

One major problem on which we encountered is the make PDF task.

Our projects are big, each has aprox 700 - 800 drawings, and once it gets aproved by the the boss, the task to make PDFs of all drawings, is executed.

The problem as stated is; that some drawings are converted incorrectly. On some projcets random drawings (aprox. 20% off them) are displayed without the part itself. You only get dimmension lines, but no part. Meaning the drawing is useless...

But if you make the conversion manually, via SW---> save drawing as .pdf it works normally.

I contacted our SW provider and they replied, that this is a known problem and that it is resolved in SW 2013. (SPR #669673 - Fail to convert Slddrw files to PDF files) The problem is we can't upgrade our version, since we have partners who run on SW 2012.

So is there a way around this problem, or maybe a solution for our problem.

Thanks

• Re: PDM make PDF task
          Daric Biggs

Hi Simon,

This issue is that the drawing does not have the chance to rebuild properly before saving when it is run through the task.

That explains the reason why it works when you do it manually.

Go to options for the make PDF Task in the admin tool>Output File Details>Advanced Scripting Options.

Then add swApp.Visible = True as shown below

ScreenShot852.png

I hope that helps.

DB

• Re: PDM make PDF task
            Mike Sveda

I have that setting on and even in 2012 SP3.0 I get some PDF's of large assemblies that do not show some views