AnsweredAssumed Answered

FloXpress Issue "Meshing in progress..."

Question asked by Dan Stevenson on Mar 20, 2013
Latest reply on Mar 27, 2013 by Jared Conway

Hello all,

I'm a student working on my final project and I could really use some help. I'm an Electrical Engineering student and I'm reuqired to do a bit of SolidWorks for our project. So here is the issue:

I have a fuselage for an airplane and I need to run a floXpress Simulation on it to show the pressures inside and the airflow around the body. My group has calculated both the input and output pressures for the simulation at our required height and speeds. I've run through the Solidworks FloXpress tutorial provided by their help section so I know what I'm doing as far as the steps it takes to run the simulation.

I've tried numerous times and I cannot get the computer to run the simulation correctly. I made a tube around my fuselage with caps (not merged with the tube), selected one face as input, one face as output and inserted my pressure values for each. Pressure values are 90000 Pa for input and 89738.75 Pa for the output. Alls fine up to the last page. I click the green triangle "go" button and the progress bar pops up. Good, right? Except it will not pass the "Meshing in progress..." phase no matter the length of time I give it.

We've run it on a number of computers as well. All computers are running Windoes 7 64 bit with 4GB of RAM and they all have Intel processors. We've run it on core 2 duos up to the i7s to no avail. My advisor believes this may be an issue with the graphics cards our school runs (I believe they are all NVIdia Quadro 580).

I'm hoping that by posting here somebody will have some insight as to whether we should be looking at the graphics cards, OS, Ram, etc. or if we should be looking at the simulation itself. Do the pressure values seem correct? Is the fuselage maybe too complicated for the meshing?

Anyways, any help is greatly appreciated. I'll talk to my advisor about uploading our fuselage here but I doubt it will be an option for privacy purposes...

Thanks!

Dan

EDIT:

It was able to be run on another machine. Has anybody run into issues with this on Windows 64-bit? That's the only thing different on the computer other than permissions.

Outcomes