We are an entrepreneurial and dynamic design company located in Ventura County, So. California with over 22 years in our industry.
The person we are seeking would have the below qualifications:
SolidWorks Mechanical Designer /Drafter Skills and Qualifications:
- Design mechanical components in SolidWorks 3D CAD system
- Detail 2D drawings
- Proficiency with SolidWorks current revision including models, assemblies, drawings and part families
- Utilize the MRP system
- Assist the Project Engineer(s) / Technical Team in creating a product from reference drawings, manage product data, share designs with clients, and with external partners.
- Works hand-in-hand with the manufacturing / fabricating team to create the final product
- Assist in testing of the product to ensure adherence to specifications
- Monitors the design for potential improvements and manufacturability constraints
- Work directly with vendors and outside suppliers on component design and specification
Min. Required Qualifications:
- 2+ years experience with SolidWorks 3D CAD package
- Associate's Degree in CAD or equivalent experience
- Mechanical aptitude and problem solving skills
- Computer skills including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
- Superior communication (phone, face to face and presentation formats)
- Ability to work within a cross functional team is essential
- Aptitude to leverage the technical resources of our vendors and suppliers
- Detail oriented, independent thinking, self-starting, motivated
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks/projects and manage priorities accordingly
- Understanding of manufacturing constraints
- Recognize schedule limitations and exhibit a willingness to meet critical deadlines
Please send resume to Sandra at: SCG2020@gmail.com
Looking forward to hearing from you.