10 Replies Latest reply on Jul 25, 2013 10:49 AM by Earl Hasz
      • Re: Custom and Dynamic arrows
        Derek Parks

I am not sure you can create your own "Dynamic Arrows" but this may be possible for someone with more programming experience then myself.  I would also be interested if this is possible.

What I do for custom symbols is put them in the new  Image Library. I create my own in Illustrator and save in .bmp format. Then just add them into the image library and can drag and drop these new  arrow  images wheneverI need them. Of course these would are not dynamic but may give you a work around until you get a better answer.

Brian Smart

I also need this! I have to match existing arrows in a tech manual, and they look like this one: Dynamic-Arrow.png

Earl Hasz

I would follow Derek's suggestion in Adobe Illustrator or similar tool.  However I will create SVG files and add them in as either 2D or 3D panels.  With SVG files, you will maintain the fidelity that you created in Illustrator.

Brian Smart

How? Is there a tutorial anywhere that shows how to use the Image Panels? I can't figure out how to insert an SVG image, or how to get images into the Image Library. I'm being pressed to get updates made to a tech manual and haven't had any training yet other than what I can find on the web.

Derek Parks

Brian,

To get files into the image library just create your image and go to the file location where your image library is held and drop your file there. Go to your workshop tab in your ribbon and click on the image library icon to open the image library. When this workshop opens the file location will show at the top. After you add you file to that folder all your new images will show up in this section.

Hopefully Earl will chime back in also as I am unsure what he means by 2D or 3D panels. I would be interested in trying this way also to see if it gives a better end result.

Thanks,

Derek

Earl Hasz

Have a look at this quick video that shows what I am talking about.  By using an SVG file, the image stays clear.  You'll note that I change the background opacity to 0 so that I only see the arrow.

-Earl