2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 19, 2013 11:45 AM by Michael Dekoning

Help Feeding EPDM Templates

Jeremy Ferguson

I would like to populate an EPDM template with information from an existing file data card.

In this case is a Purchase Order and I need to create a variation on it I would like to right click the existing PO and run a template to build the variation pulling information such as the suppliers details and original order value in the to the variation from the PO?

• Re: Help Feeding EPDM Templates
          Tim Webb

Hi Jeremy,

If the PO's are inside EPDM and their datacards are populated with the relevant metadata (i.e. PO#, date, supplier details, order value, etc.) you can run an add-in but I have investigated this but can't see a way to run a template to "copy" this info to another file.

On that note, I just finished writing a vb.net add-in to do "almost" the same thing.

After investigating what is involved to make an EPDM template do this and not finding a way, I wrote the add-in.

See my site for contact details or PM me.

Hope this helps,

Tim Webb, CEPA

http://www.equivaq.com

• Re: Help Feeding EPDM Templates
            Michael Dekoning

Jeremy,

Although it was really written for handling files with external references, I think you could use the "Copy Tree" command to accomplish what you want to do.

Mike

CEPA