2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 18, 2013 11:32 AM by Sid Humphreys

Search paths

Sid Humphreys

Morning all,

I am not sure if this is the correct forum but here it is.

I have an assembly with a bunch of components, one of which is named cover.  When I open the cover by itself upon starting SW I get the correct version of the cover.  I close out SW completely.  When I start SW again and open the assembly that has the cover in it I get the wrong version of the cover.  The assembly and cover reside in the same folder.  When a coworker opens the assembly or the cover, no matter which first, he gets the correct version of the cover.  We both have identical search paths.  As I look at the order in which SW opens components of an assembly, the first options do not come into play.  1st RAM, we have shut done SW in between file retrieval.  2nd search paths, we are identical.  The paths last open for....I am not sure about.  Whats going on here?  Also, in a past life, I am able to see versions of components in windows by a suffix of.1 .2 .3 .4 etc added to each file and can retrieve them fromt hat software as such.  Is there a way to do this in SW.  It helps immensely to be able to get back to a version of part or assembly by being able to retrieve a part or an assembly you did say earlier in the morning or the other day perhaps.

Any help with either of these questions would be very helpful this morning.

Thanks

Sid