When I do so, it only reaches to the total assembly not the configuration from assembly "A". I might be not doing it correctly. Is there a way to read which configuration of assembly "A" is being active in the total assembly?
If I correctly understand you are looking for something like the attached solution:
- You have a drawing with drawing view of Top Assembly
- Top Assembly has the sub assembly 'A' in the structure.
- Sub-Assembly 'A' has several configurations
- In the Top Drawing there is a note linked to referenced configuration of Sub-Assembly 'A' in Top Assembly.
- You can change the referenced configuration in Top Assembly and the note will automatically update the configuration name
Please find the sample in the attachment.
Application Engineer at Intercad
Tel: +61 2 9454 4444
RefConfInDrw.zip 226.4 KB
Ben, create a Configuration Specific Property for the Configured Assembly, and for the value use this string:
$PRP: "SW-Configuration Name"
Then you can use that Property where ever you need.