I'm currently setting up my EPDM vault and handling legacy data is an issue.
Here are the steps I am testing:
- User drags a PART (pipe.sldprt) and DRAWING (pipe.slddrw) into the vault (the drawing has views of pipe.sldprt on it)
- EPDM asigns the part a serial number B12345
- The user then checks-in the parts (not keeping check-out)
- The user selects the PART file and runs a rename dispatch script
- The dispatch script renames the PART from pipe.sldprt to B12345.sldprt
So right now in my vault I have B12345.sldprt and pipe.slddrw. I am stuck on how to take the variable B12345 from the PART and get it into the DRAWING file so that I can rename it to match the PART.