6 Replies Latest reply on May 15, 2014 9:23 AM by Glenn Schroeder

Dual Dimension bug?

Glenn Schroeder

Hello,

I don't know if this is a bug or if I'm doing something wrong.  I have a drawing set up with Document Properties > Units at IPS, with dual units set to Meters.  That's fine until I Override a dimension and change it from displaying Inches to Feet and Inches.  When I do that the dual dimension changes from meters to millimeters.  If I set the dual dimension to millimeters, then it doesn't change when I override the primary dimension units.  Any ideas?

• Re: Dual Dimension bug?
          Jessie Underwood

Glenn,

I will back you up  on this. It may be a glitch in 2013. I am running 2013 x64 Edition, SP0.0. We are getting the same problem. I thought it may be a problem with our template set up, so I opened a sample drawing files that comes with SolidWorks. I got the same results. No matter what I have set as my dual dimension, under units, as soon as i check the "Override Units" the dual dimension changes to mm. See attached screen shots.

dual dimm problem1 shows my unit settings and a dual dimension without over ride

dual dimm problem1 shows my unit settings and a dual dimension with the "Override Units" checked.

dual dimm problem1.JPGdual dimm problem2.JPG

Patrick O'Hern

I've noticed this as well, any time you override the primary dimension type, the secondary always switches to MM.

Alin Vargatu

Vote on this SPR:

SPR 420182: dual unit changes to MM without reason when overriding length unit in drawing's dimensions

Mark Deboer

I found a little work around for this if anyone is still dealing with this bug. I wanted to have both inches and feet and inches displayed and my normal dim style is inches on all other measurents. I would override inches unit to feet and inches and get the mm dim for the dual dim value, thats not what I wanted. So to get feet and inches and also inches, I went into doc properties and to the units page, there in the units for the dual dim I changed it to feet and inches, so now on the drawig when I select it to display a dual dim, the dual dim comes in as feet and inches, no overriding dim is needed. Hope that helps someone.

Glenn Schroeder

Still there in SW2014 sp 3.