4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 6, 2013 8:42 AM by Corey Hinman

Anyone Taken CEPE (Certified Enterprise PDM Expert) Exam?

Corey Hinman

Me neither because it doesn't exist Maybe this thread will change that!!!

• Re: Anyone Taken CEPE (Certified Enterprise PDM Expert) Exam?
          Joy Garon

Corey,

It does exist...I wouldn't count on a simple post getting to the right person.

You are better off sending a private message to Gagan ... Be aware that he spends a good deal of time out of the country so he may not be able to respond quickly.

Joy

Corey Hinman

Hey Joy,

Are you referring to the exam that's available to VAR employees? I tried with no luck to be able to take that late in 2011, which lead to taking the CEPA exam with the first group in 2012. Has something change that maybe I missed?

I'm working through some of the CSWP advanced exams and they are challenging, I would love to see SW create a "next level" PDM exam.

Thanks for the tip, I'll email him!

Joy Garon

Hi Corey -

No - CEPA is for customer Admins.

There are two other exams that are only available to VARs.

Having been a person who was involved in these exams, I can tell you that it's not as easy as you guys seem to think.

The issue is: how do I make it possible to accurately test competence without having testers travel to a common location to take the exam. (one where I can control the environment, hardware, etc)

With CEPA we got creative in how we could deliver the exam to remote users. This requires imposing 'rules' on the 'staging' aspects.

It also severly limits the amount of 'competence checking' that can be done due to the methods used (which I cannot disclose).

Keep in mind that there are multiple methods of solving the same problem. How do you validate each of these?

The only 'true' method to test competence is to conduct 'hands-on exams' like we did with VARs.

The other big issue is tesing these every major release to make sure they are updated and still working. No small task.

Joy